Dimensions + Quality + Solution
- Size: recommendable size for photos should not exceed A3 size.
- Dimension: At least 300dpi and more
- Named and provided caption for each photos
- One participant can participate at least with 5 photos
Submission of the Photos
Photos should be submitted latest by 30 May 2023 email@example.com mail address, or by stick/flash to SDC in Mongolia Office, Sky Plaza Business Centre, and Embassy Street – 9, Khoroo-1, Sukhbaatar district, Ulaanbaatar 14210.
Selection Process and Prizes
Phase I: Sixty finalists will be pre-selected out of all the photos submitted. All the artists selected will be invited to Ulaanbaatar to participate in the award ceremony planned during the Swiss National Day August 01, 2023. For those participants not living in Ulaanbaatar, travel and accommodation costs will be provided upon arrival in Ulaanbaatar. Photos from all the finalists will feature in a high-quality catalogue and will be exhibited in 3 provinces in Mongolia.
Phase II: For the best three photos, SDC will award prices to the photographers: 1st pricewinner will be awarded to visit Switzerland for a week, including flight, food and accommodation.; 2nd price winner will be awarded for 500 USD, and the 3rd price winner will be awarded for 300 USD. All entries will be judged using the same criteria: creativity, composition, theme and technique.
- Delegate of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
- Delegate of the Ministry of Culture
- Delegate of the Mongolian University of Culture and Art
- Delegate of the Gamma photo Agency
- Delegate of the Batzorig Foundation, freelance photographer
After the award ceremony, the 60 selected photos in Phase-II will be exhibited in Ulaanbaatar (locations still to be defined):
- Ulaanbaatar city
- Khovd, Khovd city
- Khentii, Chingis city
- Dornogobi, Sainshand city
Photos submitted for the competition will not be returned. All photos will be auctioned for the Ministry of Culture. Proceedings will be used to promote young artists through scholarships, residencies, etc.
- The Ministry of Culture
- The Gamma Agency
- The Batzorig Foundation
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The deadline for submission is 30 May. Entries submitted after this date will not be considered for the competition.
- The competition is open to youth the age of 18-34.
- As all photos must be fully original, no entries will be accepted or considered if they are deemed to use in whole or part derivative images, which could be considered plagiaristic.
- The entries should not depict any specific organisation, brand name or specific person and should be fully compliant with human rights.
- All entries must be able to be digitally captured at a high resolution.
- It is clarified that no remuneration is offered to the participants as part of this competition. Participants will not be compensated. Only the winning entries will be entitled to a cash prize.
- Photos will not be returned to the participants. SDC have unlimited right to use them for exhibitions, publications and other outreach and communication products.
- The organisation shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may occur by entering this contest and the SDC reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the contest without prior notification.
- All photos submitted should be original photos taken by the youth. The photos should not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. Participants may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way, trademarks, or other proprietary information. It is our policy to disqualify entries upon prompt notification by the copyright owner’s legal agent without limiting the foregoing.
Email Tansagmaa Tsog, Media and Communication Officer at SDC: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at +976-99109723