Strengthening Coordination of National Climate Change Programme (PRONAGECC)
This project will support Peru in installing an inter-ministerial coordination mechanism that will ensure a concerted response of the government to the challenges of climate change in the country. Concrete pilot activities will be supported in three different sectors and three different regions of the country. The experience gained through the implementation of the Peruvian National Strategy for Climate Change will offer relevant learnings from which other countries will be able to benefit.
Changement climatique & environnement
Protection de la biosphère
Politique de l’environnement
- National and regional government authorities, particularly those who directly participate in the pilot projects
- Legislators (both in Peru and at the global level – through the Global Climate Legislation Initiative and Climate Parliament)
- International cooperation (for lessons learned, both in technical and financial terms).
- Conceptual, legal and operational framework for the regulation and operation of the Strengthening Coordination of National Climate Change Programme.
- PRONAGECC pilot projects support implement-ation of the National Climate Change Strategy (NCCS).
- Entities and experts that participate and play a key role under the PRONAGECC are identified, have strengthened their capacities and perform their asigned roles in the new setup.
- Sectreur privé étranger Sud/Est
- SDC Field Office
- An international public tender is in progress to select the most suitable partner for the implementation of the project.
Climate finance flows have increased, but Peru has so far not yet been able to manage this effectively. The Peruvian Ministry of Environment (MINAM) is dedicated to improve coordination of its overall climate change response. With Peru hosting the forthcoming COP20, there is political momentum for setting up the Strengthening Coordination of National Climate Change Programme (PRONAGECC) aimed at the implementation of the National Climate Change Strategy (NCCS) and voluntary mitigation commitments. Peru’s experience is expected to be in the position to become an illustrative showcase in the international context how cross-sectoral work and improved resource efficiency can lead to a better overall national climate change response. Implementation of this project will put Switzerland into a pole position for continuing the important policy dialogue on climate change issues with the Peruvian government.
A national platform and multi-sectoral mechanisms will be established under the umbrella of the National Climate Change Strategy (NCCS) framework to guide, channel, agree and provide advice for the formulation, financing, implementation and monitoring of public and private climate programmes and projects in Peru, from which the population of the country as a whole is expected to benefit in the long run.
|Effets à moyen terme||
Principaux résultats antérieurs:
Validation of feasibility to create a PRONAGECC Bill, interested professionals from priority entities identified and first contacts established, proposal for setup of inter-institutional coordination mechanisms developed, project document and draft Log Frame prepared.
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Coopération au développement
|Partenaire de projet||
ONG internationale ou étrangère
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 2'860'000 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 3'107'951|
|Phases du projet||
(Phase en cours)
Phase 1 01.01.2011 - 28.02.2018 (Completed)