Food Security and livelihoods support for farmers and IDP's from Yei and Maridi States and refugees in Bidibidi, Uganda
Through this corss-border project, Caritas Belgium and its partners intend to meet the basic food needs of vulnerable residents trapped in the beleaguered city of Yei/Central Equatoria, to improve the food security and livelihoods of farmers in Maridi County/Western Equatoria and to (re-)build the livelihoods of newly arrived South Sudanese refugees and vulnerable Ugandan host communities in and around the Bidibidi refugee settlement.
Sudan del Sud
Agricoltura e sicurezza alimentare
Assistenza umanitaria & RRC
Servizi agricoli & mercato
Cooperative agricole & organizzazioni di produttori agricoli
Aiuto alimentare d’emergenza
- 2'400 HHs (12'000 individuals / 7'000 women, 4'800 men) in Yei;
- 900 farmer HHs (5'400 individuals / 2'646 women, 2'754 men) in Maridi;
- 13'336 HHs (53'464 individuals / 29'940 women, 23'524 men) in Bidibidi, and
- 600 HHs (3'000 individuals / 1'400 women, 1'470 men) form the Ugandan host community.
- Meet the basic food needs of residents who are trapped in ht ebeleaguered city of Yei/CE.
- Improve the food security and livelihoods of farmers in Maridi County/WE.
- (Re-)build the livelihoods of newly arrived South Sudanese refugees and vulnerable Ugandan host communities in and around the Bidibidi refugee settlement in Uganda.
- 2'400 beneficiary HHs in Yei town eat at least one full meal per day.
- 900 farmers in Maridi obtain income from agriculture and/or agro-forestry activities.
- 13'336 refugee HHs in Bidibidi zone 3 produce hom-grown food in order to diversify their nutrition.
- 600 organized host community farmers increase their agricultural income.
- 1'120 farmers HHS (70 groups) supported to boost their food production.
- Critical food needs of themost vulnerable 1'635 HHs in Yei met through distribution of half ration food aid.
- 39'500 refugee HHs supported with seeds and tools to start farming in the Bidibidi refugee settlement.
- Other international or foreign NGO North
|Contesto||Fighting across South Sudan continues to displace populations within South Sudan, exacerbating humanitarian needs and prompting vulnerable people to flee to neighbouring countries. At the same time food-insecure population in South Sudan has increased. The deteriorating security situation in the Equatorias has forced close to 1 Mio. South Sudanese to Uganda. Humanitarian needs are high for people trapped in different locations in South Sudan as well as for the refugees in Uganda and access to food is the greatest challenge for conflict affected vulnerable households in South Sudan and refugees in Uganda.|
|Obiettivi||Provide improved food security and livelihoods for the people affected by the conflict in South Sudan and South Sudanese refugees in Uganda.|
|Effetti a medio termine||
Risultati principali attesi:
Risultati fasi precedenti:
|Partner del progetto||
ONG internazionale o straniera
Office of the Prime Minister, UNHCR
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||WFP, FSL Cluster in South Sudan and FSL working groups in Uganda|
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 500’000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 500’000 Progetto totale dalla prima fase Budget Svizzera CHF 720’000 Budget inclusi partner del progetto CHF 1’220’000|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 2 01.08.2017 - 28.02.2019 (Completed)Fase 1 01.08.2015 - 31.07.2017 (Completed)