The main objective of the 2018 call is to address the issue of adolescent pregnancy in Tanzania. Selected projects will raise awareness on teen pregnancy, its effects and prevention; promote the benefits of educating young girls; and empower young girls to have a voice by encouraging youth engagement and peer conversations on issues affecting them.
Adolescent pregnancy remains a major contributor to maternal and child mortality, ill health and poverty, and can have negative social and economic effects on girls, their families and communities. The call complements ongoing initiatives by the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children of the United Republic of Tanzania.
- Organisations, institutions, networks and individuals working in the creative and culture sectors. This includes artists, cultural actors, higher education institutions, local authorities, NGOs and social enterprises.
- Applicant/s must be active in the cultural and creative industries and be able to demonstrate that they have the necessary experience and capacity to manage activities and/or projects for the promotion of arts and culture in Tanzania.
Applicant/s must be resident/s in a Partner State of the East African Community (EAC).
- Proposed projects cover the selected topic and expressed through performing arts (dance, theatre, music), media arts (film, photography) and visual arts (drawing, paintings).
Quality and outreach of proposal.
Projects have a regional or national scope.
Projects that engage women, youth and underserved communities.
All projects proposed to be funded have an implementation calendar of a maximum of 12 months.
Projects will be chosen for their artistic and creative content, and their potential impact.
- The total budget of the call is USD 80’000. The Embassy of Switzerland is seeking to support 4 to 8 initiatives between US $10’000 and US $20’000.
- Grants shall cover no more than 80% of the total estimated budget.
- Another source of funding (self or co-funding; financial or in kind) has been identified and preferably confirmed, covering at least 20% of the total estimated budget.
- No more than 30% of the award may be used for administrative and overhead costs, as long as these are directly linked to the project
The deadline for submitting a proposal (in English) is May 11, 2018 at 1600hrs EAT. Proposals shall be submitted in soft copy by email to email@example.com in Adobe PDF (recommended) or Microsoft Word format with subject line ‘Call for Proposals: Think it Over! – Empowering Young Girls through the Arts’. Proposal format can be downloaded below: