My Trash, My Treasure calls for everyone to view waste in a different way. Some waste material may still be of value if it is repurposed, reused or recycled. The main objective of the 2019 call is to reflect through arts on our behaviour and responsibility as consumers and citizens with regards to the things we use, consume and throw away, and the impact this can have on nature. It aims at encouraging environmental consciousness by improving attitudes towards and increasing participation in recycling, and stimulating ideas for new innovative art products.
Furthermore, the projects intends to contribute to the discussion on recycling which needs to be further developed in Tanzania and the East Africa Region, and promote a greater awareness of the protection of our environment for the next generation.
- Applicants can be public/non-government/academic/artistic/cultural organisations working in the creative and culture sectors. This includes artists, handicraft workers, agripreneurs, cultural actors, higher education institutions, youth-led and women led organisations, and social enterprises.
- Applicant/s must be able to demonstrate they have the necessary experience and capacity to manage activities and/or projects for the promotion of arts and culture in Tanzania.
Applicant/s must be resident/s in a Partner State of the East African Community (EAC).
Proposals can cover a range of different artistic expressions, both traditional and contemporary, such as painting, drawing, sculpting, music, theatre, drama, dance, cinema, television, photography, writing and storytelling.
Quality and outreach of proposal.
Projects have a regional or national scope.
Projects that engage women, youth and underserved communities.
Projects have an implementation calendar of a maximum of 12 months.
Projects that are artistic and creative, innovative, and with potential impact.
- The total budget of the call is USD 80’000. The Embassy of Switzerland is seeking to support four initiatives between US $10’000 and US $20’000.
- Grants shall cover no more than 80% of the total estimated budget.
- Another source of funding (self or co-funding; financial or in kind) is identified and preferably confirmed, covering at least 20% of the total estimated budget.
- Administrative and overhead costs may not exceed 30% of the award, as long as these are directly linked to the project.
The deadline for submitting a proposal (in English) is February 8, 2019 at 1600hrs EAT. Proposals shall be submitted in soft copy by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in Adobe PDF (recommended) or Microsoft Word format with subject line ‘Call for Proposals: My Trash, My treasure’.