South Sudan, Concern Worldwide: NGO Forum Support
This is the fourth phase of support to the NGO-Forum in South Sudan, aiming at contributing to the effectiveness and coordination of emergency humanitarian response and development programming in South Sudan. This will be achieved through sustained and enhanced engagement with all stakeholders on issues affecting NGO operations, advocacy, capacity building and information sharing.
- Both National and Internal NGOs
- Indirectly, South Sudanese communities
- Information and coordination based on humanitarian principles and development best practices shared;
- Effective NGO security advising and crisis management;
- Capacity of national NGOs strengthened.
- The Forum ensured access to critical information and has effectively helped its members in decision-making and reaching common approchaes/positions on issues affecting NGO operations.
- The Forum has been an effective platform in shaping government policies towards NGOs
|Hintergrund||Renewed fighting in July 2016 has further worsened the already dire Humanitarian situation, marked by continuous population displacement and a strongly deteriorating economic and food security situation. Over 3.87 million are displaced and over 6 million face severe food insecurity. Humanitarian efforts to effectively respond to the situation are heavily constrained by insecurity, access constraints, information gaps and the existence of arbitrary and restrective government policies and negative perceptions that obstruct NGO work.|
|Ziele||To contribute to an effective and principled delivery of humanitarian and development assistance by national and international NGOs in South Sudan.|
|Mittelfristige Wirkungen||Improved NGO engagement in South Sudan in the delivery of humanitarian and development assistance.|
Resultate von früheren Phasen:
|Koordination mit anderen Projekten und Akteuren||DRC, UNMISS, OCHA, Protection Cluster and ICWG, the Humanitarian Country Team (HCT), South Sudanese authorities|
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 1'340'000 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 603'971 Projekttotal seit Anfangsphase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 866'684 Budget inklusive Projektpartner CHF 2'299'000|
|Projektphasen||Phase 4 01.09.2017 - 31.08.2020 (Laufende Phase) Phase 3 01.06.2016 - 31.07.2017 (Completed) Phase 1 15.02.2014 - 31.03.2015 (Completed)|