Switzerland is committed to supporting the human and economic development of the continent, the protection of the environment and the promotion of peace and good governance. To reach a sustainable systemic change, Switzerland is implementing projects in partnership with various actors in more than 20 countries in Africa. The examples of projects above confirm the importance of Switzerland's international cooperation in Africa.
Focus on Africa
- Population: 2018: 1.3 billion / 2050: 2.4 billion
- 60% of Africans are under 25 years old
- Every year 20 million young Africans enter the labour market
- Africa consists of 54 countries
- More than 2,000 languages are spoken across the continent
- The average annual growth rate of gross domestic product (GDP) in sub-Saharan Africa between 2000 and 2017 was 4.7%.
- Countries such as Ivory Coast, Ghana and Kenya are some of the fastest-growing economies in the world.