Pakistan: ADB, National Disaster Risk Management Fund (NDRMF)
Pakistan faces significant disaster risk and lacks institutional capacity and finance to tackle it. The National Disaster Risk Management Fund will enhance resilience of vulnerable communities, especially in KP and FATA, to natural hazards and will strengthen institutional capacity of authorities to disaster prevention, mitigation and preparedness. This will reduce socio-economic vulnerability of the people to natural hazards and ultimately poverty.
Changement climatique & environnement
Réduction des risques de catastrophes
Politique de l’environnement
- The vulnerable population of Pakistan, especially the local communities of KP and FATA
- The authorities at national and sub-national level.
- NDRMF established and made operational.
- Increased investment to reduce vulnerability to natural hazards.
- Analytical work and products to improve fiscal management of disaster risk.
- Banque asiatique de développement (Fund)
- The Government of Pakistan
- The Government of Australia
- Planned DRR expert secondment to NDRMF
- SDC & WFP’s jointly supported CBDRR project in FATA.
- SDC’s supported environmental cell at FATA Secretariat
- SDC’s water governance program in KP and FATA
- Institutional strengthening of NDMA, PDMA and FDMA in DRR/M National DRR Forum and DRR projects by other actors.
The country and its population and assets are increasingly exposed and vulnerable to various types of natural hazards. Increasing natural disasters over the last one and a half decades have resulted in significant loss of life, economic damage, and the undoing of development gains. Due to the climate change and rapid unplanned urbanization, the extreme weather events such as floods and droughts are likely to become more frequent in future, potentially increasing disaster losses if appropriate action is not taken.
A more disaster resilient Pakistan with reduced socio-economic and fiscal vulnerability to natural hazards and climate variability and change.
|Effets à moyen terme||
Increased and sustainable institutional and physical capacity to reduce the socio-economic and fiscal impacts of natural hazards and climate change.
Principaux résultats attendus:
Principaux résultats antérieurs:
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Coopération au développement
|Partenaire de projet||
Institution financière internationale (IFI)
|Coordination avec d'autres projets et acteurs||
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 3'000'000 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 0|