PYE - Participation and Equity Platform
PYE, phase 3, aims to consolidate in a platform the efforts of 15 Cuban civil society actors, including the 6 partners part of the Gender Equity Program (PEGIN), for the promotion of laws and public policies to improve human rights in Cuba, in the areas of gender, race, poverty and social inclusion to promote legislative, social and public policy changes, with the promotion of activism and leadership of local actors.
Partecipazione democratica e società civile
Organisazione per l’uguaglianza di genere
|Contesto||The complex Cuban context of economic crisis framed by the COVID pandemic brought physical and virtual protests from the population asking for new opportunities to dialogue their demands in a more effective way is with the government. Hence the raison d'être of this platform, is about promoting processes of participation and empowerment of vulnerable groups to diversify voices in the projection of transformative actions in local contexts. Population groups marginalized due to aspects of race, gender, sexual choice, among others, may take advantage of the changes they propose for an improvement in the institutional design and public policies of the country.|
|Obiettivi||Contribute through participatory approach to the reduction of social equity gaps in 12 Cuban municipalities - articulating the variables of race, gender and sexual orientation - through work with local governments, communities and other civil society actors.|
|Gruppi target||The PYE exit phase (2021-2024) will allow the incorporation of the gender, participation and equity approach in the planning, management and evaluation of local and community development by governmental actors, other state institutions and civil society actors such as NGOs, local and national networks, and social activists in order to promote equity in the territories where they had intervened during the entire process of forming the Platform and in public policies derived from its work.|
|Effetti a medio termine||
1. Local actors at the state level (including institutions and government) work with the social inequalities identified in the previous phase of the Platform and build strategies to reduce equity gaps.
2. Social activists, mainly from poor and vulnerable groups, become leaders of projects that have an impact on the reduction of equity gaps.
Risultati principali attesi:
1. Local platform projects become good practice and drive central government programs about gender and race that promote social equity for the development of local actors.
2. Implemented local initiatives (affirmative actions to address poverty) to reduce equity gaps.
3. People from socially disadvantaged groups sensitized and trained to exercise active citizenship in favor of equity.
4. Local experiences in the promotion of equity at the national and international levels socialized and exchanged.
5. A municipality of reference in participatory local management with a focus on equity is formed, accompanied by the Platform.
6. Social communication spaces generated, in which local networks make the equity approach visible as a condition for development.
Risultati fasi precedenti:
1. A training program "Social equity for development for local actors" created for Cuban civil society.
2. Reduced equity gaps of 10% of the vulnerable population in three municipalities with affirmative actions to address poverty with an equity approach in gender and race.
3. Directly benefited 3,540 people from socially disadvantaged groups, for the exercise of active citizenship in favor of equity in 12 municipalities in the country, and indirectly benefited the disadvantaged population of these municipalities.
4. Socialized and exchanged experiences of 6 leading initiatives of local promotion of equity at national and international level.
5. Designed and implemented a reference model in the municipality of Centro Habana, for participatory municipal management of sustainable development with a focus on equity at the local level.
6. Eight social communication spaces generated from local networks where the equity approach is highlighted from the perspective of race, gender, sexual diversity and age groups as a condition for development.
7. Creation of a national space for reflection and debate for the incidence associated with the intersectionality of the dimensions of social equity in the Cuban context from a racial and gender perspective.
|Partner del progetto||
ONG internazionale o straniera
Exchange and Community Initiative Reference Center (CIERIC), Latin American Faculty of Social Sciences (FLACSO), Félix Varela Center (CFV), Nicolás Guillen Foundation (FNG) , Oscar A. Romero Center (OAR), Quisicuaba Project (PQ), “Todas” Project (PT), “Afroatenas” Project (PA), Integral Neighborhood Transformation Workshops (TTIB), Inter Press Service (IPS) , Federation of Cuban Women (FMC), National Center for Sex Education (CENESEX), Ibero-American and African Network of Masculinities (RIAM), “Palomas” Project (PP), National Union of Jurists of Cuba (UNJC).
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||Network of focal points in Participation and Equity of the programs supported by SDC in Cuba.|
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 3’000’000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 885’782 Progetto totale dalla prima fase Budget Svizzera CHF 6’420’000 Budget inclusi partner del progetto CHF 9’420’000|