Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Comprehensive Social Services for Children and Young people with Disabilities in Stara Lubovna
The project „comprehensive social services for children and young people with disabilities in the region of Stara Lubovna” (18’000 inhabitants) enhances the health and integration of severely disabled children. The applicant is an NGO, the Presov Greek Catholic Charity, which will implement the main following activities, (i): recruitment and training of staff; (ii): efforts for rehabilitation; (iii): creation of a Day Centre; (iv): transport services; (v): set-up of sheltered workshops and (vi): employment service for disabled youth.
Accroître la sécurité sociale
Services sociaux destinés à des groupes cibles particuliers
- 23 employees upgraded their professional qualification in the social area by attending several courses. Altogether they participated in 79 trainings
- The number of clients who used social services in the facility increased on the year-to-year basis by 417 to 433 clients in comparison to 2010
- In total 54 joint activities with the healthy population were organized in the scope of the project
- Social services providers are able to deliver extended services to children and young people with disabilities
- Children and young people with disabilities have access to the Rehabilitation Centre as well as to the Daily Centre
- Transportation facilities are available
- National State Institute North
Lack of appropriate social services (prevention, treatment, social integration) and very low acceptance of disabled people makes Slovakia a long way from European standards. The district in the region of Stara Lubovna has very limited capacities to offer adequate social services to the 310 children and 227 young people with disabilities, although it is a major target among vulnerable groups.
The project aims to improve the quality of life of children and young people with disabilities (and their families) in the region through the coordination and strengthening of the institutional network of social services.
Children and young people with disabilities (and their families)
Activities shall lead to the fulfilment of the project objectives. They are mainly: (i): Training, consultation and information provided to disabled young people, to their families and to the general public; (ii): Services/therapies for disabled children and young people developed in the Rehabilitation Centre; (iii): Establishment of social counselling services; (iv): Transport services to disabled children and young people; (v): Joint programme with employment agency and social services to provide subsidized employment and housing; (vi): networking, information and lobbying activities for the recognition and acceptance of disabled children and young people.
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Contribution suisse à l'UE élargie
|Partenaire de projet||
Institution étatique étrangère
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 1’113’000 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 1’075’046|
|Phases du projet||
Phase 1 27.01.2012 - 30.04.2017 (Completed)