Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
TOKAJ IS THE ONLY ONE
The aim of the project TOKAJ IS THE ONLY ONE is to improve the quality of life of the citizens living in the Tokaj region in Eastern Slovakia by widening the offer to tourists through the construction of infrastructures (information center, view tower), the revival of traditional products and a new range of services. The quality of existing touristic services will be increased also through training. Under the TOKAJ brand the whole region shall be easily identified and made visible.
Favoriser la croissance économique et améliorer les conditions de travail
Développement régional et création d‘emplois
- Tourist Information Centers were established in Cerhov (346 m2) and Trebisov (63 m2).
- 21 public events promoting local traditions and heritage were co-financed through the project.
- A 12 m high sightseeing tower was constructed.
- 28 (target value: 15) public events promoting local traditions and heritage were co-financed through the project.
- 43 (target value: 40) regional guides were trained.
- 150 (target value: 205) local inhabitants and craftsmen were trained in tourism and various traditional crafts.
- A tourism-strategy was adopted and is available to all tourism service providers in Tokaj region.
- National State Institute North
The region of Tokaj in the most Eastern part of Slovakia, close to the borders with Hungary, belongs to the underdeveloped parts of the country, with a high unemployment rate. The Tokaj region, its people, nature, culture and history are not as known as it could be. However, thanks to the famous wine area, the potential for tourism development in the region is high. There are several activities to be developed to attract tourists for more than the usual one-day visit to the wine cellars.
The overall goal of the project is to contribute to the development of cross-border Tokaj region and to promote the living conditions of the inhabitants through the mobilization of human potential in ten municipalities of Tokaj region.
20 wine producers
The main activities that shall lead to the fulfilment of the project objectives are education/training of local partners and tourism’s actors, additional touristic infrastructures, revival of traditional handycrafts products, active participation to the “Kosice European Capital of Culture 2013” events as well as the preparation of an application to the UNESCO protection of the Tokaj region.
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Contribution suisse à l'UE élargie
|Partenaire de projet||
Institution étatique étrangère
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 1’291’000 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 1’290’667|
|Phases du projet||
Phase 1 01.02.2012 - 31.12.2016 (Completed)