The Embassy of Switzerland in Egypt, Cairo has an opening for a
Financial and Administrative Officer (100%)
Starting date: as soon as possible
Ending date: After the probation period, determined for one year: By eligibility the contract will be renewed yearly, respectively after 12 months.
- Bookkeeping related to all activities of the Embassy of monthly cash and bank books reconciliations;
- Leads the monthly closure and preparation of budget and Internal Controlling System (ICS) reports.
- Leads the year-end closure and preparation of the financial statements for the Audit Checks and follows up on all staff claims (Travel expenses, Travel advance request, etc.).
- Budget and Financial Planification
- Contributes establishing the monthly budget control
- Monitors the financial state of development programmes
- Supports the partners in terms of establishing and reviewing their budgets. Liquidities planning
- Project Cycle Management (PCM) and Audit:
- Together with the National Programmes Officers advises and reinforces the capacities and competencies of the development partners.
- Assists the NPO's in establishing partner budgets and the preparation of the financial section of the Credit Proposals.
- Makes sure the Internal Controlling System (ICS) is in place and respected
- Provides advice, supports and
- Checks the accuracy of projects and implementing partners reporting on the use of funds and cash transfers;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, major accounting, higher degrees such as specialized Accounting Diplomas, CMA, PMD, ACCA etc. are encouraged.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the same domain is required.
- Arabic and very good English written and oral knowledge.
- Perfect user of Excel, PDF and Windows Explorer as well as Outlook;
- Good knowledge of Word and PowerPoint;
- Very good knowledge of computers and accounting software systems, as well as adequate knowledge of Internet navigation.
- Willing to work in an intercultural team, sometimes under time pressure dictated by the working deadlines.
Attractive working conditions. Opportunity to work and develop in an international environment.
Interested candidates should submit their application with a letter stating their motivation, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and necessary supporting documents (copies of diplomas and certificates) to the Embassy of Switzerland no later than 29th of May 2021.
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (job vacancy: Financial and Administrative Officer 100%).
For non-Egyptian candidates: Must be in possession of a valid Egyptian residence and working permit.
The Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) regulary seeks qualified and motivated employees.
Job vacancies will be published through the state job web portal. You can tailor your search towards your requirements through various search criteria.