Do I need a Schengen visa?

My nationality Obligation to hold a visa (yes/no)
Greece  No 

Entry to Switzerland for Greek citizens

As part of the visa-free movement, Greek citizens are entitled to travel for a stay without gainful employment up to 90 days within 180 days. One of the following travel documents is required:

  • a valid identity card with Latin and Greek letters
  • a valid passport.

The travel documents must meet both of the following two requirements:

  • the validity of the travel document must extend at least three months after the intended date of departure from the Schengen Area and
  • the travel document must have been issued within the previous 10 years.

Children require their own passport.

Visa free entry to Switzerland for third country nationals (NON EU/EFTA citizens)

Non EU/EFTA citizens who reside in Greece or in another Schengen country are exempted from visa requirements. They do not require a visa to travel to Switzerland if

1. they are in possession of both a valid residence permit issued by a Schengen member state

SEM - List of Residence Permits Issued by Member States 

or a valid Schengen visa type C or a national visa type D

2. a valid passport recognized by Switzerland.

3. do not engage in any gainful employment requiring authorization during the intended stay in Switzerland.

They must present their valid passport and residence permit when entering Switzerland.

Other nationalities

For other nationalities, please refer to the list on the webpage of the State Secretariat for Migration (SEM).

SEM – Overview of ID and visa provisions according to the nationality (Annex 1, List 1: nationality)

If you are obliged to hold a visa, please apply for it and refer to the information on the webpage:

Where to apply for a Schengen visa?

If you are not obliged to hold a visa, you are allowed to enter Switzerland resp. the Schengen territory and stay up to 90 days within a 180-day period without any visa.