Zimbabwe Reconstruction Fund (ZimRef)
The Zimbabwe Reconstruction Fund is a multi-donor trust fund that supports the Government of Zimbabwe in its reconstruction and development efforts in particular by strengthening the Zimbabwean public finance management and accountability system for improved service delivery, including in the health sector. The fund, with its management mechanism, is currently a key instrument of dialogue and experience sharing between the donors and the Government of Zimbabwe.
Stato di diritto - democrazia - diritti dell'uomo
Gestione delle finanze pubbliche
Rafforzamento dei sistemi sanitari
- Stronger poverty-focused planning, budgeting and policy making
- Greater transparency, accountability and effectiveness in public procurement
- Improved quality and timeliness of public financial reporting
- Improved quality and scrutiny of audit reports
- Improved governance of parastatal enterprises.
- Public finance management enhancement project implemented
- Poverty monitoring and ZIMASSET M&E programme implemented
- Public procurement reform programme implemented.
- Parastatal reform programme implemented.
- Informing of governments policies and donor strategies;
- Creation of a coordination platform for donors and government.
- Settore privato straniero Sud/Est
- Banca mondiale - Banca internazionale per la ricostruzione e lo sviluppo
Zimbabwe’s economic and social situation deteriorated significantly over a decade culminating in a severe humanitarian crisis in 2008. Furthermore, since the early 2000s the government of Zimbabwe cannot access direct development aid due to arrears with International Finance Institutions and sanctions imposed upon it by major donors following sustained human rights violations.
In 2013, the Government of Zimbabwe (GoZ) developed a medium term plan to revive the economy. But the implementation of this plan is dogged by limited fiscal space and lack of development support in public services. The World Bank developed therefore in 2014 the Zimbabwe Reconstruction Fund, a multi-donor trust fund and a key instrument to support the GoZ re-engage with international partners and implement its development and poverty reduction plan as well as coordinate donor support.
The overall goal of ZIMREF is:
To contribute to strengthening of Zimbabwe‘s systems for reconstruction and development with a focus on stabilization and reform, reconstruction, development and poverty alleviation efforts in the country.
The target groups of ZIMREF are the government departments, state owned enterprises and the private sector, while the ultimate beneficiaries will be the people of Zimbabwe. Specific beneficiaries and outreach will be elaborated in the individual projects to be implemented under the 4 thematic windows of the ZIMREF.
|Effetti a medio termine||
The Swiss earmarked contribution to the ZIMREF supports one specific thematic window for which outcomes are:
Risultati principali attesi:
The key outputs for the selected thematic window are:
Risultati fasi precedenti:
N/A. But The ZIMREF builds on the Analytical-Multi Donor Trust fund (A-MDTF) whose key achivements were:
SDC provided financial support (CHF 300,000) to the Analytical Multi Donor Trust Fund (7F-08069).
Cooperazione allo sviluppo
|Partner del progetto||
Istituzione finanziaria internazionale
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||
Government of Zimbabwe ( Ministry of Finance and Economic Development & other ministries & State Owned Enterprises);
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 3'600'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 3'500'000|
|Fasi del progetto||Fase 1 01.12.2015 - 31.12.2021 (Fase in corso)|