Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
This project aims at promoting electromobility in the city of Suceava and throughout Romania. The supply of different types of e-vehicles and the construction of a dense and future-oriented network of charging stations are promoting this technology. The effects of the projects are a reduced consumption of energy resulting in a decreased emission of climate-effecting gases. Furthermore, an example for the use of electric vehicles as a way towards a more sustainable and green mobility is to be made.
Efficienza energetica ed energie rinnovabili
- Replacement of old and inefficient gasoline or diesel powered vehicles by modern electric vehicles.
- Construction and installation of charging infrastructure.
- Reservation and specific marking of 56 dedicated parking lots for electric cars or vans in user related and strategic public locations throughout Suceava.
- Supply of electric bikes and construction of a charging station equipped with solar photovoltaic panels (5 kW) in a strategic public location. The e-bikes will be proposed for rental to locals and tourists by the Municipality of Suceava.
- A concept or feasibility study regarding the introduction of electric public transport options.
- An awareness campaign to promote electric mobility to other state institutions, businesses and the citizens of Suceava.
- 20 electric vehicles are in use.
- 28 charging stations are installed, most of which can be accessed also by private electric car holders.
- 56 public parking lots were dedicated to electric vehicles.
- 10 electric bicycles with access to the public were purchased.
- It is estimated that thanks to Switzerland's support, Suceava is able to save CHF 150,000 in energy costs per year and reduce its CO2 emissions by 120 tonnes per year.
- Romanian Ministry of Public Finance and Romanian Ministry of Regional Development and Public Administration
Under the Swiss-Romanian Cooperation Programme the European Energy Award is being introduced in four Romanian pilot cities. The European Energy Award is a quality management and certification system for municipalities committed to sustainable municipal energy, climate and transport policies. It is based on the label “Energy City”, which has originally been developed in Switzerland. Suceava, a city of 92'000 inhabitants located in the northeast of Romania, is one of the four selected pilot cities. Like other Romanian cities, Suceava is exposed to an increasing number of private cars, which leads to street congestion, noise, and a rapid increase of CO2 emissions as well as air pollution. Based on its Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP) it has identified the introduction and promotion of electric vehicles by the Municipality as a priority infrastructure project. The construction and installation of a state-of-the-art charging network with slow and fast charging stations throughout the city of Suceava combined with the supply of a broad variety of e-vehicles to be used for public services in the city of Suceava, will set an example on green and sustainably mobility.
Promotion of electromobility in Suceava in order to save energy and costs, to reduce air pollution and noise in the city, as well as to set an example in Romania.
The direct beneficiary is the Municipality of Suceava, which will be able to realize an important pilot project and position itself as a forerunner for electromobility concepts in Romania. Indirect beneficiaries are the 1247 employees of the Municipality of Suceava, who will have better transportation means for their tasks and the 92'000 inhabitants of Suceava, who will benefit from reduced air pollution and noise.
Contributo svizzero all'allargamento dell'UE
|Partner del progetto||
City of Suceava
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 2’039’100 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 1’882’101|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 10 30.07.2015 - 07.09.2019 (Completed)