The Swiss Embassy in Algeria informs that due to the current situation linked to the coronavirus (COVID-19), no new visa appointment will be given before 15.06.2020. All appointments that have already been scheduled until 15.06.2020 are canceled. Applicants who have already submitted a visa application can recover their passports normally on the day of withdrawal as indicated on the coupons.
Consular services (legalization and civil status) are also suspended until 15.06.2020.
The counters remain open only to Swiss nationals, for emergencies and with appointment.
The Embassy remains reachable by email:
email@example.com (Swiss citizens, consular matters)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Urgent visa requests)
The Embassy remains at your disposal for any other questions and counts on your understanding.
Algeria has closed its airspace to commercial flights since March 17, 2020 until further notice. This embassy was able to carry out a repatriation flight on March 29, 2020 with 142 people on board. For the moment, no other repatriation flight to Switzerland is planned. This embassy works in close collaboration with the local authorities and the European embassies on the spot in order to assess the possibilities of repatriation. It will publish all related information on this website and its Facebook page.
Swiss tourists: The Federal Council calls on Swiss travelers to return home quickly. In order to allow the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) to provide them with better support, people still stranded in Algeria are requested to register quickly on the "Travel Admin" application.
Swiss colony in Algeria: Given the saturation situation linked to Covid-19 in medical institutions in Switzerland, it is advisable to stay there. You can contact us from Sunday to Thursday between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. on the number +213 21 981 000 and in cases of extreme emergency, you can contact the following number: +213 770 45 50 15.
- Civil ambulance : 16 ou 021.61.00.17.
- Ambulance 16 (Alger) : 0 21 23-50-50
- Ambulance CHU Mustapha-Pacha : 3016.
- Ambulance 25 (Constantine) : 0 31 64-12-12/ 64-13-13/ 64-14-14
- Ambulance 09 (Blida) : 0 25 41-09-09
- Ambulance 19 (Sétif) : 0 36 91-60-60/ 036448585
- Ambulance 23 (Annaba) : 0 38 86-23-23
- Ambulance 26 (Médéa ) : Tel : 025.58.88.88 /025793939
- Ambulance 31 (Oran) : 0 41 40-31-31
- Poison Control Center (Alger) : 0 21 97-98-98
- SOS Ambulance Alger : 021 50 77 77
- Telephone medical assistance: 115 (Numéro Vert toute wilaya)
- Youth assistance and distress: 116 (Numéro Vert toute wilaya).
- Ministry of Health and Population: 0 21 27-97-93