Migration Programme Officer
Switzerland established a Migration Partnership (MP) with BiH in 2009. The MP is an instrument of bilateral cooperation that offers the possibility to find solutions to the country’s specific challenges posed by migration, to promote opportunities and to create synergies between the different stakeholders involved in migration policy within BiH. The keystone of the MP are annual migration dialogues that provide Switzerland and its partner country with a shared platform to discuss, manage and develop interventions of mutual interest. The Swiss migration cooperation tries to tackle the complexity of migration issues through a comprehensive approach that captures all aspects of migration management, from the prevention of irregular migration to the enhancement of the role of diaspora for development.
We are looking for a new team member to join the Swiss Cooperation Team as
Programme Officer (60%)
The Programme Officer (PO) will be responsible for strategic steering, management and development of projects in the field of Migration in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH).
Responsibilities and duties
The Programme Officer
- is responsible for strategic steering and management of projects related to migration management and diaspora engagement. This includes strategic project monitoring visits, the review of reports from implementing partner organisations (operational and financial) and the organisation of project evaluations (drafting Terms of Reference etc.).
- is responsible for the preparation of new interventions complementing the existing migration portfolio, which includes the drafting of high quality credit proposals.
- is responsible to establish and maintain an institutional dialogue with implementing partners to ensure an excellent quality of project implementation.
- contributes to policy dialogue based on the priorities of the Migration Partnership and the Embassy; maintains regular contacts with migration-related BiH institutions.
- is actively engaged in the Swiss Cooperation’s network on migration.
- contributes to the implementation, steering and reporting of the Swiss Migration Strategic Framework for the Western Balkans as well as the Swiss Cooperation Programme in BiH and supports the work of the Embassy in general.
- actively engages in the Embassy’s social media work.
- University degree in public administration, management, security studies, social sciences or related field
- Outstanding knowledge in B/C/S and English
- Knowledge of German and/or French is an asset
- Proficient computer skills: MS Office; social media
- Substantial experience in the field of migration management, diaspora engagement or related topics
- Experience in international cooperation
- Knowledge of project cycle management
- Proven analytical skills and political sensitivity
- Proactive attitude and ability to work on several processes in parallel
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrating respect for all individuals at all times
Start and duration of the engagement
The engagement will start on 14 November 2022. The selected candidate will be awarded a one-year contract, with the possibility to be extended.
We look forward to receiving your application with a motivation letter and a detailed CV under the reference "Migration Programme Officer" to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31 August 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.