The So Swiss! in Hefei event offered an opportunity to highlight Switzerland's excellence as a driver of sustainable development and innovation.
Sacha BACHMANN, Consul General of Switzerland in Shanghai and YANG Xiaolin, Deputy Director-General of Foreign Affairs Office of Anhui Provincial People’s Government jointly welcomed the participants at the InterContinental Hefei and opened the So Swiss! in Hefei event.
The Consul General mentioned in his opening speech that representatives of innovative Swiss companies are great ambassadors of Swiss excellence: “The event today will further contribute to advance our two countries’ cooperation in the areas of health and innovation.”
Good design shapes the user experience - for our lifestyle, our health” and our well-being. Swiss designs and brands enjoy the highest international recognition. The So Swiss! event in Hefei was themed "Healthy & Sustainable by Design" and consisted of panels on "Sustainable Health" and "Sustainable Lifestyle".
Sustainable Health panel
Leading the world in healthcare innovation, Switzerland has a long history of pioneering research and development in medical technology. Switzerland has cultivated a rich heritage that combines expertise with cutting-edge technology and promotes the integration of healthcare research and development.
Jean CHEN, CEO of Shanghai BioBridge Medical Technology Ltd. Co. moderated the very insightful panel discussion. In the first session, panelists discussed the quality development of public hospitals and provided insights into the healthcare industry.
The panel consisted of the following participants:
- CUI Lijun, Deputy Director-General, Health Commission of Anhui Province
- LIU Xuan, Managing Director & Vice President, Belimed Medical Equipment Co., Ltd
- Luca XU, Head of Corporate Affairs & Market Access of Roche Diagnostics
- BAO Jing, Senior Scientific Consultant, Shanghai Healthcare Capital
- ZHANG Ding, General Manager, VirtaMed China
During the second session, panelists exchanged views on adapting design to specific areas, laying a solid foundation for the sustainable development of public health.
The following experts took part in the panel discussion:
- Villa HAN, Deputy General Manager＆Head of Marketing of E.M.S. Electro Medical Systems S.A.
- William WANG, VP＆GM of Precision Healthcare Division of Fosun Pharma
- Maryyam LI, China Country Manager of Straumann
- GE Lei, Deputy General Manager of Xunfei Healthcare Smart-Hospital
- CUI Hong, General Manager of Ypsomed Medical Device (Beijing) Co., Ltd
Sustainable Lifestyle panel
Good design also applies to consumer goods like household equipment or furniture that meet people’s needs and enhance their quality of life. At the same time, it plays a crucial role in global CO2 emissions.
Lucas RONDEZ, President of China-Switzerland Chamber of Commerce Shanghai Region (SwissCham) moderated the panel. With extensive hands-on experience, each panelist presented their best practices on how they contribute to sustainable living.
The panel included representatives from various companies and from the University of Technology:
- FAN Yaqing, General Manager, Anhui BBCA Biofiber Co., Ltd
- Crystal HAN, VP Sales and Marketing of IQAir China
- Lisa DAI, General Manager of JURA China Co., Ltd
- Jane FAN, Brand Manager of Lista Office LO
- Tony XUE, General Manager Sales Eastern China of Swiss International Air Lines
- JIN Lan, General Manager of SIGG Outdoor Sports Investment Co., Ltd
- Professor SU Jianming, College of Architecture & Art, Anhui University of Technology
Innovation is key for Switzerland’s economy! Switzerland has been ranked the most innovative country in the world for 13 consecutive years.
The So Swiss in Hefei event was a great success for all involved. The visit to Anhui Province provided a valuable experience and excellent opportunities for the development of B2B and B2C relationships.