The Science, Technology, Education and Health Section at the Embassy of Switzerland in China is responsible for implementing Switzerland’s International Strategy on Education, Research and Innovation. The Section strengthens bilateral cooperation between Switzerland and China by promoting Swiss excellence and supporting direct contacts and collaboration between Swiss higher education institutions, funding agencies and policy makers.
In order to achieve this goal, the main tasks of the Science, Technology and Education Section are to:
- maintain a close network with various ERI stakeholders and relevant Chinese authorities and agencies such as, among others, the Ministry of Science and Technology, the Ministry of Education and the National Natural Science Foundation China;
- analyze and report on developments and policy-making relating to science, education and health in China;
- support relevant negotiations and the implementation of cooperation agreements at governmental and agency level;
- prepare and participate in official visits to China;
- promote cooperation and mobility programs such as the Leading House instruments and the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships;
- organize events in China in order to promote Swiss excellence in education, research and innovation;
- exchange relevant information with China and international organizations in the field of health and support China in public health management;
- foster synergies with Swissnex in China.