Programa de Innovación Agropecuaria Local PIAL
Creation of a decentralized system for agricultural innovation, complementing the existing national system for agricultural innovation, and with emphasis on gender equality . The innovation system will contribute to the elimination of obstacles and brakes in foodstuff production, transformation and commercialization processes in 45 of the 168 Cuban municipalities. Quantity and quality of available food will thus increase as well as employment and income. Sustainability of the system will be achieved by becoming part of the municipal and national structures and policies.
Landwirtschaft und Ernährungssicherheit
- Producers, technicians, researchers, bureaucrats, entrepreneurs and decision makers linked and coordinated through GIAL and Platforms generate and use innovations and existing solutions in a sustainable and continuous way with emphasis on gender equality, in 45 municipalities.
- 25.000 participating fincas in 45 municipal innovation systems improve their agricultural production by 40% and their income by 45%
- 45 municipalities increase by at least 30% the commercialization of at least two agricultural products
- The PIAL experience will be extended to 30 more municipalities as part of the implementation of a changed national policy, replicating the effects of Outcome 1 correspondingly
- 50.000 male and female producers in 8300 fincas in 45 municipalities benefited directly from the project
- Indirectly the 206.000 consumers of these municipalities benefited.
- The profitability increased by 30-80% for plants and 40-80% for livestock in the participating fincas.
- For every invested CHF the accrued benefits are esti-mated at CHF 14.
- Workspaces for exchange, learning and decision making developed and linked male and female peasants, technicians and decision makers
- A coordination, consulting and feedback mechanism between municipal, provincial and national level has been established.
- Andere internationale oder ausländische NGO Norden
- Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Agrícolas (INCA)
The Cuban Government has prioritized the reduction of food imports (80% of consumed foodstuff in Cuba is imported). In order to increase food production at national level, the government has accelerated the decentralization of the agricultural management. However, up to now an agricultural management system is lacking at the municipal level (integrating the participation of producers and other relevant actors).
Improvement of the quality of life of women and men depending on the agricultural production as their livelihood in 45 municipalities.
Direct: 150,000 male and female producers in 25.000 fincas Indirect: 900,000 consumers in 45 municipalities in 11 provinces. More long term, indirect, too: about 600,000 consumers in 30 more municipalities
Resultate von früheren Phasen:
Internationale oder ausländische NGO
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 5'150'000 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 5'008'213|
Phase 1 01.06.2012 - 31.12.2017 (Completed)