Political, legal and economic Advisor
The Swiss Embassy in Tel Aviv represents the interests of Switzerland in Israel and promotes political dialogue and cultural, economic and scientific cooperation between the two countries. It is also a consular center for Swiss nationals living in Israel.
The Embassy of Switzerland in Tel Aviv is looking for a Political, legal and economic Advisor to complete its team by January 2024 or to be agreed.
About the position
The political, legal and economic Advisor contributes to the Embassy’s political analysis and reporting and provides analysis on legal and economic affairs. It is an ideal position to further develop strong analytical, drafting, and project management skills in a very dynamic and international environment. The position’s key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing political analysis on Israel’s domestic, regional and foreign policy; drafting of and contributing to political reporting; providing analysis and counsel on a wide range of political topics; supporting the Embassy's various activities, including project and program management as well as facilitating meetings and organizing events.
- Providing legal analysis and counsel to the Embassy, namely on Israel’s legal system and issues of international humanitarian and international human rights law.
- Providing relevant information, analysis, and reporting on key economic developments and support to the promotion of Switzerland's economic interests in Israel.
- Building and maintaining a strong network among a wide range of stakeholders, including within civil society, think tanks and Academia, as well as with the Federal Administration of Switzerland; representing the Embassy in external meetings and events.
Experience and skills
- University studies (Master) in law, international relations, political science, history or related fields.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Israel’s political and legal system. Work experience in the field of political and legal affairs or similar fields.
- Knowledge of Switzerland's political and legal system.
- Fluency in Hebrew, English and at least one Swiss national language. o Excellent drafting, analytical and communication skills.
- Strong social skills and flair for representation; team focus and enthusiasm to work in an inter-disciplinary and collaborative fashion with the entire Embassy team; demonstrated inter-cultural competence.
- Strong ability to take initiative, recognize opportunities for improvement, and implement change.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; excellent project and event management capacity.
- Ability to think independently, to work well under pressure and flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
Job type: 80%-100%
Kindly send your application with a motivation letter and CV (in English, French, German or Italian) and any other relevant documentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have Israeli citizenship, your work permit and/or legal status in Israel must be provided.
Deadline: 30 November 2023