Information for Swiss abroad in Hong Kong:
The following persons should register with the Consular district of the Swiss Consulate General in Hong Kong includes the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau:
- Swiss citizens who intend to stay in the consular district for at least 12 months
- Swiss citizens who acquire Swiss nationality by birth, naturalization or adoption and who are already living in the consular district
The register is intended to give an overall picture of Swiss nationals living in the consular district. Registration is mandatory and provides the details required for the fulfilment of official functions such as issuing new passports, registering births and marriages or ordering civil papers from the authorities in Switzerland.
The registration has to be made in person during opening hours (Monday-Friday, 9am to 12pm). Please bring the following along:
- Swiss passports and/or ID cards of all family members
- Act of origin (Heimatschein - Acte d'origine - Atto d'origine) or Certificate of civil status (Personenstandsausweis – Certificat individuel d’état civil – Certificato individuale di stato civile) or Family certificate
(Familienschein – Certificat de famille – Atto di famiglia)
- Application for registration with a Swiss representation
- Any other relevant documents/information that you would like this Consulate to know about (i.e. foreign passport ect.)
In case you have been previously registered with a Swiss representation abroad, it is sufficient to contact the representation where you have been registered last and let them know your new address in Mainland China, Hong Kong or Macau. Your data will then be transferred electronically and you will be contacted by the Swiss representation in charge of your new place of residence.