Military leave abroad

Prolonged residence abroad – reporting to the Swiss military administrative authorities (Military leave abroad)

If you intend to remain abroad for an uninterrupted period of more than 12 months and you are required to perform military service in Switzerland, you must request a military abroad leave from the competent district headquarters in Switzerland.

You will find information about the leave from military service on the following website:

Swiss Armed Forces: military leave (de, fr, it)