To nurture the basis for development and peace, the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) is promoting free and inclusive societies that give equal opportunities to all citizens regardless of their gender, religion and identity. Culture and arts play a key role as drivers for societal dialogue on social norms, values and change. They can provide the necessary space for voicing views and perceptions, in particular also for marginalised groups, and they offer places for reflection, debate and transformation on important and sometimes challenged topics.
As part of the SDC-funded support to the cultural sector of its partner countries, the Embassy of Switzerland is launching a new call for proposals in North Macedonia to promote innovative artistic productions and strengthen organisations from the independent cultural scene in North Macedonia. Successful applicants will receive grants up to CHF 50’000 to implement their proposed project.
Eligibility criteria to apply for grants:
- Not-for-profit organisation registered in North Macedonia, active in the fields of art/culture/creative industries/cultural tourism;
- Adequate organisational structures, sound financial record, and references of projects completed or under implementation if applicable;
- Planned project activities taking place mostly in North Macedonia;
- Readiness to provide financial or in-kind contribution of at least 20% of the total budget of the project.
- Cost-effective budget
- Duration of project of maximum until December 2021.
Applicants need to apply in two steps:
- 1st step: Pre-selection based on a concept paper.
By 27 September 2020, applicants need to submit a 2-page description of the proposed project, including description of goal, target audience, key activities, total budget estimate, and expected dates of start and end of the project. The Embassy will review the concept papers received and inform applicants whether they are pre-selected to submit a full proposal. The 2-page concept paper can be submitted in Macedonian, Albanian, or English.
Important note: The proposed project activities should take into consideration the situation and official government measures and restrictions related to Covid-19.
- 2nd step: Final selection based on a detailed project proposal.
Based on a review of all concept papers received, the Embassy of Switzerland will pre-select applicants and request the submission within 3 weeks of detailed project proposals. The detailed proposals will need to be submitted in English. The Embassy of Switzerland will make its final selection based on the detailed project proposals.
As part of the 1st step of the application process, interested organisations are invited to send electronic copies of their 2-page concept paper until 27 September 2020 to email@example.com with the subject ‘Application for cultural project grant’.