National Programme Officer (Full-time position 100%)
The Swiss Cooperation Office in Tajikistan is the diplomatic international development organization working in the frames of the bilateral cooperation agreement between the Government of Switzerland and the Government of Tajikistan ratified in 1999. The organization provides financial, technical and expert support to the Government of Tajikistan in the spheres of legal, economic and infrastructural reforms and the humanitarian assistance.
The objective of the position is to support and backstop the Swiss funded projects in Tajikistan in the fields of Governance through its project cycles including designing, monitoring, and coordination of the program as well as consultation in context related matters, including political analysis.
- Steer the implementation of the Governance programme in Tajikistan and ensuring collaboration with other Swiss funded projects in the areas of Public Financial Management, Human Rights, Economic Development, Water and Climate Change.
- Maintain regular contacts and cooperation with donor agencies, state and the civil society partners working in the respected sector and operating in the country
- Provide timely information about the specific subjects in context related matters and new reform initiatives happening in the country.
- Provide quality reports on the results achieved within the program portfolio or upon a specific request to Director of SCO and HQ on the status of the projects, legal reforms and structural adjustments.
- Contribute to the development of political analysis/reports and messages requested by the Swiss government (in particular HQ) or the Swiss Embassy in Kazakhstan;
Country Director of Swiss Cooperation Office in Dushanbe.
- Five years of professional knowledge and practical knowledge in the relevant field of activity;
- Profound knowledge of English, Tajik, and Russian languages;
- Ability to work independently, reliability, discreetness, efficiency;
- Good organizational, networking and communication skills;
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook);
- University degree in law or political science or economics is an advantage;
- Swiss Cooperation Office is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or particular physical needs.
Application requirements and deadline:
Interested candidates possessing the above-mentioned qualifications and skills should submit their
- Copy of National ID(passport)
- Copies of Diploma, including grade;
- Motivation (Cover) Letter
Deadline for applications: 25 February 2024
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as the applications not fulfilling the formal criteria or lacking motivation letter as described above will not be considered.