Europe and Central Asia : PPP Transaction Advisory Program
The ECA Program, managed by the International Finance Corporation IFC, is providing infrastructure transaction advisory and capacity building services to the public sector authorities to promote Public-Private Partnerships in Southeastern Europe and Central Asia.
Bosnia e Erzegovina
Macedonia del Nord
Numero del progetto
Infrastructure investment requirements in developing and transition countries are enormous and cannot be met only through national budgets and contributions of international cooperation. The private sector, however, is in the position to cover the financial gap and can provide related know-how through Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs). IFC, executing the ECA Program, has longstanding experience in PPP transaction consultancy and has developed a broad portfolio of advisory services covering the support for identification, preliminary assessment, preparation, tendering of potential PPP projects, including post transaction support.
The strategic objectives of the ECA Program:
• Contribute to regional poverty alleviation, economic growth and environmental improvement through public-private partnerships.
• Be an effective bridge between public sector players such as, municipalities, local and national governments in the Southeastern and Central Asian region on the one side and private sector investors, operators, owners and financing institutions on the other side.
• Increase availability of well-prepared infrastructure projects that are attractive for private sector participation and investments.
• Generate bankable investment opportunities for IFIs and other financiers in the region.
• Increase the capacity of its public sector counterparts.
• Fully align the projects within the donor specific country development agenda, the clients’ and WBG development priorities and IFC’s Climate Change program.
|Effetti a medio termine||
Expected outcomes are a reduction of greenhouse gases
Important sector investment leverage
Fiscal savings over the whole program.
Approximatively 4m people shall be reached by the ECA program and benefit from new or improved services.
Risultati principali attesi:
The ECA Program will engage in 29 new PPP transaction advisory mandates,
bring approximatively 15 to tender and
will close successfully 6 of them.
Risultati fasi precedenti:
Despite operating in a challenging environment, the SECO supported PPP transaction advisory facilities have produced good results. Under the first phase (PEPSEI), 13 Financial Advisory Services Agreements (FASAs) were signed with governments, two projects were successfully closed and entered implementation. In the second phase (SEIA / CAIA), 18 FASAs were signed, three transactions successfully closed and entered implementation. The successful projects implemented have led to a total of USD 607m of private sector investment mobilized, positive fiscal impact to the client governments of USD 305m, 2,2m people receiving improved infrastructure services and saving of 435,000 tCO2eq of GHG emissions annually.
Cooperazione allo sviluppo
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 6’950’000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 0 Budget inclusi partner del progetto CHF 15’219’000|
|Fasi del progetto||Fase 3 01.06.2011 - 30.06.2024 (Fase in corso)|