Do I need a national visa?

My nationality Obligation to hold a visa (yes/no)
Malaysia  no 

Before entering Switzerland, you have to take the necessary steps with the competent cantonal authority to obtain the requested authorisations for your stay. Applications for a residence permit from holders of a Malaysian passport for stays in Switzerland of more than 90 days for any travel purposes including gainful activity must be submitted directly at the cantonal migration authority.

The Regional Consular Center in Bangkok is not involved in the process and cannot answer inquiries regarding the documentary requirements or the application processing time.

Other nationalities

For other nationalities, please refer to the list on the webpage of the State Secretariat for Migration (SEM).

SEM – Overview of ID and visa provisions according to the nationality (Annex 1, List 1: nationality)

If you are obliged to hold a visa, please submit your application in duplicate and refer to the information on the webpage:

Where to apply for a national visa?

If you are not obliged to hold a visa, you are allowed to enter Switzerland without visa. However you are obliged to register within 14 days on arrival in Switzerland at the competent cantonal authority of your place of residence.