Ukraine’s Cohesion and Regional Development (UCORD)
Ukraine’s recovery, cohesion and regional development need an effective implementation structure, which should be coordinated by the Regional Development Agencies (RDAs). Switzerland will empower RDAs and will help them to transform into inclusive multi-stakeholder platforms that coordinate the design of regional strategies and co-implement with communities and businesses the public services provision projects with a focus on environment and culture.
Kultur & Bewusstsein für Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Kultur & Freizeit
- Central State of South East
- Ausländischer Privatsektor Norden
- Schweizerischer Privatsektor
Sektor nach Kategorisierung des Entwicklungshilfeekomitees der OECD REGIERUNG UND ZIVILGESELLSCHAFT
WASSERVERSORGUNG & SIEDLUNGSHYGIENE
OTHER SOCIAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND SERVICES
Sub-Sektor nach Kategorisierung des Entwicklungshilfeekomitees der OECDDezentralisierung / Lokale Gouvernanz / Demokratisierung (inkl. Rechenschaftspflicht)
Kultur und Freizeit
Unterstützungsform Auftrag mit treuhänderischer Mittelverwaltung
Auftrag mit treuhänderischer Mittelverwaltung
Technische Zusammenarbeit einschliesslich Experten
|Hintergrund||The large-scale military aggression of Russia against Ukraine launched in February 2022 has caused thousands of casualties and displacement of over 12 million Ukrainians. It brought a major disruption of the economy and a massive destruction of the housing and critical infrastructure. At the same time, not only has Ukraine demonstrated an astonishing resistance and resilience, but it has also continued its reforms track which is now greatly incentivized by the EU accession and the pressing need for a fast and sustainable recovery. The regional development policy in this context has gained even more acuteness. In July 2022, the Parliament of Ukraine adopted new legislation which redefined the approaches to regional development bringing forward the recovery needs, and attached an important role to Regional Development Agencies. The proposed project UCORD is thus viewed by the Government of Ukraine as a flagship intervention supporting the emerging architecture for the sub-national recovery and regional development in line with the EU standards.|
|Ziele||Citizens, businesses and public authorities contribute to and equally benefit from recovery actions and coherent regional development that fosters improved quality of life, resilience, peace, and social cohesion in Ukraine.|
National: Ministry of Communities and Territories Development, Ministry of Ecology, Ministry of Culture and Information Policy, Parliamentary committees, all-Ukrainian local government associations.
Regional: Regional Development Agencies, oblast state administrations and councils.
Local: local authorities and citizens, utility companies, civil society organizations, private businesses.
Outcome 1: Regional development agencies are inclusive multi-stakeholder platforms for practical support in the recovery of Ukraine through the implementation of harmonised national, regional, and local recovery and development strategies.
Outcome 2: Public authorities at all governance levels effectively cooperate and join forces with the private sector to support the recovery process and ensure the provision of quality WASAW (water, sanitation, waste management) public services critical for the environment.
Outcome 3: Citizens and public authorities are widely engaged in culture sensitive and conflict-sensitive dialogue on strategic issues of societal development.
- RDAs become modern and reliable service providers for all hromadas through a transparent governance and institutional strengthening.
- RDAs are capacitated to lead the design and implementation of recovery plans and regional strategies, uniting multiple stakeholders.
- Recovery and regional development is effectively coordinated by the Government of Ukraine catering to the needs of oblasts and hromadas.
- Regional / inter-municipal flagship WASAW projects are developed and implemented in pilot oblasts, coordinated by RDAs and in accordance with regional recovery and development plans.
- Increased contribution of culture and creative industries to regional development and cohesion.
- Enhanced culture of dialogue on strategic development issues among citizens and public authorities at all governance levels.
Resultate von früheren Phasen: Due to the current war time situation it was not feasible to conduct a full-fledged baseline survey before the launch of the main implementation phase. The survey will be conducted upon the final selection of the pilot oblasts within the first semester 2023.
Ausländische staatliche Institution
NIRAS Sweden AB
|Koordination mit anderen Projekten und Akteuren||
- EGAP (e-tools for monitoring of recovery projects, contribution to the regional digitalization recovery plan);
- DECIDE (contribution to the regional education recovery plan);
- In pilot regions – a full-fledged cooperation with other Swiss-funded projects;
- Other international donor funded projects coordinating in the Working Group on Regional Development, e.g. U-LEAD with Europe (EU), HOVERLA (USAID), Project “Support to Decentralization” (Sweden).
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 8’994’550 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 1’014’308|