The Embassy of Switzerland in Kyiv is looking for a
National Programme Officer for Protection and Health
to support the Humanitarian Programme of the Embassy of Switzerland in Kyiv.
The Embassy of Switzerland within the scope of its humanitarian operations is implementing in Ukraine several programmes in the field Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Health and Protection. To reinforce the Swiss Cooperation Office and its humanitarian programme activities, we are looking for a National Programme Officer to support the protection programme, especially in the field of project implementation, monitoring and partner relations.
Your duty station will be Kyiv with occasional monitoring missions to different regions in Ukraine. You will support the team in the implementation and monitoring of the protection programme, and specific activities in the health domain in a rapidly changing context. High quality standards are not an empty word for you. You follow up the activities of other humanitarian actors; participate in discussions with the international humanitarian community; coordinate with our local partners, and prepare small assessment and communication pieces. You are a team player with excellent communication skills in Ukrainian and English. Working for a diplomatic representation fits with your career objectives.
- University degree (Master's level) or comparable education
- Several years of practical professional experience in international cooperation and/or particularly in the area of humanitarian and development assistance, health and protection
- Experience and knowledge in dealing with humanitarian crisis situations and the instruments of humanitarian aid
- Experience in collaboration with national, regional and local governmental authorities
- Well-structured and well organized, highly flexible with ability to work under pressure
- High degree of personal integrity and trustworthiness
- Full compliance and living the humanitarian principles
- Fluent English
- Very good computer skills (Excel and Word, Outlook and Power Point)
- Conceptual, strategic analytical capacity and writing skills, methodological competencies
- Project cycle management & financial skills
- Ability to negotiate and navigate in a politically highly sensitive context, intercultural management
- Excellent communication and networking skills
Contract duration: 12 months extendable
How to apply
Please send your CV and a letter of interest until 12 January 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding employment can be addressed to email@example.com
Please indicate in the subject line "NPO Protection" to ensure timely processing of your application. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Further information on Swiss Cooperation in Ukraine