Start of page

Information on voluntary Swiss OASI/IV scheme, pension cover while living abroad, Swiss social security (OASI/IV) cover, health and accident insurance cover and hedging for means of existence with the Cooperative Society Solidarity Fund for Swiss Nationals Abroad “Soliswiss”:

Last update 16.02.2022

  • If you live in a country that is not a member of the European Union (EU) or the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), you can maintain your insurance cover in Switzerland by paying into the voluntary OASI/IV scheme, provided that you meet the membership requirements.

  • Adequate health and accident insurance cover guarantees universal access to medical care in the event of ill-health, maternity or an accident.

  • As a Swiss national living abroad, you can also become a member of the Cooperative Society Solidarity Fund for Swiss Nationals Abroad, or “Soliswiss”.


+41 800 24-7-365 / +41 58 465 33 33

The Helpline FDFA deals as central contact point with matters relating to consular services.

365 days a year – around the clock

Skype: helpline-eda

Fax +41 58 462 78 66

vCard Helpline FDFA (VCF, 5.6 kB)


Phone free of charge from abroad with Skype: helpline-eda

You will receive an “error” message if the Skype application is not installed on your computer or smartphone. If such a message appears, please proceed to install it right off, simply by clicking on the following link: Download Skype