- Strengthening women's economic empowerment
- Strengthening women's effective participation
- Combating all forms of gender-based violence
- Promoting sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Incorporating gender equality and women's rights at the heart of bilateral and multilateral work
Switzerland's international contribution to gender equality is also listed expressly in the national 2030 Gender Equality Strategy that the Federal Council adopted in 2021.
FDFA Strategy on Gender equality and Women’s rights
Federal Office for Gender Equality FOGE
Switzerland's human rights diplomacy pursues these strategic objectives at both bilateral and multilateral level. Switzerland actively promotes its priorities within numerous regional and international organisations and multilateral forums.
In its bilateral political consultations and human rights dialogues with other countries, Switzerland includes the topics of gender equality and women's rights. In addition, Switzerland makes financial contributions to projects and organisations that work specifically to strengthen women's rights and promote gender equality.